Agricultural tourism is a commercial enterprise at a working farm, ranch or agricultural plant conducted for the enjoyment or education of visitors, and that generates supplemental income for the owner. Agritourism can include farm stands or shops, U-pick, farm stays, tours, on-farm classes, fairs, festivals, pumpkin patches, Christmas tree farms, winery weddings, orchard dinners, youth camps, barn dances, hunting or fishing, guest ranches, and more.
Bed and Breakfast
Capay Valley Bed and Breakfast
101 Abbey Street
Inn at Park Winters
- Green fruit
- Ripe fruit
- Bitterness: Sensation produced similar to that of coffee, tonic water, and dark chocolate.
- Pungency: Sensation similar to that of black pepper felt often at the back of the throat.
- Fusty/muddy sediment: Characteristic obtained from olives piled or stored in a manner that advanced stages of anaerobic fermentation have occured, or of oil that has remained in contact with sediment in tanks or bottles producing anaerobic fermentation.
- Musty-humid: Defect obtained from fruit stored in humid conditions for several days, resulting in the development of mold.
- Winey-vinegary Acid-sour: Characteristic reminiscent of wine or vinegar. This flavor is mainly due to a process of aerobic fermentation in the olives or in acid-sour olive paste due to the formation of acetic acid, ethyl acetate and ethanol.
- Rancid: Flavor of oils which have undergone an intense process of oxidation.
Yolo Food Connect seeks to develop coordinated strategic actions to address gaps in the farm to fork food system of Yolo County.
- Build common understanding among the participants of our Yolo County food system
- Create awareness of Yolo County public food system issues
- Establish a shared sense of the gaps in the Yolo County food system from farm to fork
- Develop a vision and goals for a unified food system
- Develop specific actions to address the gaps
This is a community calendar for agriculture & art related events in Yolo County. If you have a special event coming up, a sale on seasonal produce, or any ag-or art themed happening, please ADD your Event to this Calendar; it's free. Just register below, login and follow the instructions.